VA-895

 Virginia State Route 895 is a toll road that goes from I-95 and VA-150 in Bensley to I-295 near Varina. The route is known as the Pocahontas Parkway, and was originally intended to be I-895. VA-895 also connects I-295 to the Chippenham Parkway (VA-150).

VA-895 Shield

The Route Path:

VA-895 begins at a huge interchange with I-95 and the east end of VA-150. The route heads east, immediately crossing the James River into Henrico County on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge. After crossing the river, VA-895 curves northeast, before reaching a toll plaza.

Shortly after, the route passes under Osborne Turnpike, and has a trumpet interchange with the southern end of Laburnum Avenue, which also provides access to VA-5. After the exit, VA-895 continues northeast for about 2.3 miles, before curving east and having a trumpet interchange for Airport Drive, which provides access to Richmond International Airport. The route continues east from here, before reaching its eastern end at an interchange with I-295 shortly after.

My Experiences:

I have never been on VA-895, but I have passed its eastern end on I-295 twice.

Popular Routes