VA-37

 Virginia State Route 37 is a state route that goes from I-81/US 11 north of Winchester to SR-642 south of Winchester. The route is a western bypass of the City of Winchester.

VA-37 Shield.

The Route Path:

VA-37 starts at a small interchange with US 11, just southeast of I-81. The state route goes west from the interchange, before turning southwest at a diamond interchange with US 522. Not long after, VA-37 has an exit for the Winchester Medical Center. An exit for US 50 comes shortly after.

After the exit, the freeway turns more to the south, passing through a small rural area, before having an exit with SR-622, Cedar Creek Grade. VA-37 goes to the southeast, going down a small hill, and passing over SR-628, Middle Road.

The route curves more southeast, passing under SR-651, Shady Elm Road. After that, VA-37 has another interchage with US 11, followed by the route losing freeway status, and crossing I-81 on a diamond interchange. Right after the exit, the route median widens, and VA-37 reaches its southern end at SR 642, Tasker Road.

My Experiences:

I have only been on VA-37 once. That was on March 18, 2024, when I only took the very short segment from the southern US 11 intersection to the southbound I-81 ramp.

Popular Routes