VA-54

 Virginia State Route 54 is a road that goes from US 33 east of Montpelier to US 301 and VA-2 in the town of Hanover. The route connects Hanover Courthouse with Montpelier and vice-versa.

VA-54 Shield

The Route Path:

VA-54 starts at US 33 just east of the unincorporated community of Montpelier, where it goes northeast towards SR-712, before curving east. Not long after, the route intersects SR-671. VA-54 continues southeast through some of Hanover County, crossing the South Anna River, and passing by Patrick Henry High School.

The route enters Ashland not very long after passing the school. VA-54 passes through the town, before it intersects US 1, before widening to a 4 lane divided highway, and meeting I-95 at an interchange. East of I-95, VA-54 continues east, eventually reaching the CDP of Hanover, where the route reaches its eastern terminus at US 301 and VA-2.

My Experiences:

I have never been on VA-54, but I have passed it on I-95 multiple times.

Popular Routes