VA-388

 Virginia State Route 388 is a route that serves the Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) in Charlottesville. The route goes from the college to VA-20 just south of I-64 near the Charlottesville City Limit.

VA-388 Shield


The Route Path:

According to Google Maps, VA-388 starts at a parking lot at the V. Earl Dickinson Theater in the westernmost part of the Piedmont Virginia Community College. The route heads eastbound, passing the Keats Science Building, and widening to a divided street.

Heading north, VA-388 has multiple roundabouts for parking lot entrances, before curving eastward and shrinking back to an undivided road. The route descends the hill the college is on, passing the PVCC Workforce Services, before leaving the campus, and reaching its eastern terminus at VA-20.

My Experiences:

Since I have been on VA-20 between I-64 and VA-53 many times, I have also passed by VA-388 many times, though I have never actually been on the route.

I also have a small rectangle sign for VA-388, which was on VA-20 Southbound, before being removed between 2006 and 2008. I bought the sign for $20 at a store in Greene County.

My VA-388 sign.

Popular Routes