VA-164

 Virginia State Route 164 is a freeway that goes from US 17 and I-664 in the northeastern part of Suffolk to I-264 in Portsmouth. The route serves as part of an alternate route for travelers heading eastbound towards Virginia Beach from I-64 and US 460.

VA-164 Shield

The Route Path:

VA-164 starts at an interchange with US 17  in the northeastern part of the City of Suffolk. The freeway heads east, almost immediately having an interchange with I-664. VA-164 has a half diamond interchange with College Drive, before entering the City of Portsmouth. Shortly after, the freeway has an exit for Towne Point Road.

VA-164, still heading east, has an interchange with Cedar Lane, before curving southeast. The freeway has an exit for Virginia International Gateway Blvd, followed by an interchange with West Norfolk Road.

Shortly after, VA-164 crosses the Elizabeth River on the West Norfolk Bridge. After the bridge, the freeway has a big interchange with US 58, before heading south on a concurrency with the route. Eventually, US 58 splits from VA-164 at an interchange with the north end of VA-141.

The freeway continues south, right before having a half exit for High Street. Shortly after the half exit, VA-164 reaches its eastern end at an interchange with I-264.

My Experiences:

I have been on VA-164 only once, from I-664 east to the north end of the US 58 concurrency. My pictures on the route aren't very good due to them being from my Dashcam on its Test Trip (July 15, 2023).

Popular Routes